Duration: 14 hours
Location: Lake Louise, Canada
Visit Lake Louise, the icon of the Canadian Rockies, before your spectacular journey along the Icefields Parkway. At Lake Louise stroll along its emerald green shores with a picture-perfect view of the Victoria Glacier. With photographic stops at Crowfoot Glacier and Peyto Lake, you head towards the impressive view at the Big Hill.
Then embark on one of the most scenic drives in Canada, the Icefield Parkway. Ride on the all-terrain Ice Explorer and delight in the excursion on the Athabascar Glacier. Step out onto the glacier and stand on the ancient ice!
On your scenic return trip, a stop in Banff provides time to dine and explore this historic mountain town before departing for Calgary in the evening.
Please note: This tour is seasonal and only operates from May through to October.
- Infant: Age 0 - 5
- Child: Age 6 - 15
- Adult: Age 16 - 99
It was a fabulous day. got to see lake Louise, Banff and ice field as well as sky walk. the lunch however was not good, cheap asian buffet.
I can't imaginge missing this tour. I posted a picture of the bus as my screen saver.
Having scaled a glacier in Alaska, this tour was really COOL. You rode in an Ice Explorer whose tires were almost five foot tall. This vehicle transported us to the ice field as we listened to commentary from our young Brewster Travel guide. Once on the ice, we were allowed to walk within the safety zones. A glass of glacier water could be had. The glacier skywalk was less spectacular as you walked over a glass bottomed pathway.
Great trip and guides.
The tour was pretty good for the most part. Lunch buffet was so so, not as nice as I expected. Our driver was great except we had trouble understanding his accent. We were dropped off at the depot to wait 90 minutes and never got to see downtown Banff. Lake Louise and the scenic parts were wonderful
We were picked up at 6am and returned to Calgary at 9pm so it was a very long day. Apart from about 30 minutes at Lake Louise, 2 hours at the glacier and a couple of brief stops, the rest of the day was spent travelling, but this did give us fabulous views of mountains, rivers, turquoise lakes and glaciers The buffet lunch was very nice, lots of choice. The trip onto the glacier was fun. Our driver, Nick gave us some interesting information about the vehicle and the glacier. Actually walking on the glacier was amazing, though crowded. The Skywalk was scary, unless you like walking on a glass floor. Our coach driver gave a running commentary and was able to name many of the mountains and glaciers we were passing.
This was an awesome tour. Driver and hostess the best! The beauty of Banff, Lake Louise, the scenery during this tour amazing and the Ice field and glaziers beyond description. Highly recommend, The only improvement would have been the buffet lunch at the glacier. There were always empty items and when asked staff did not seem to be concerned. After a long trip a tasty lunch would have been appreciated.
Clayton, out Guide was very knowledgable. We would have preferred to have an extended stay in Banff area. Columbia Icefields were over crowded. Area where we were allowed to walk on, was very small and limiting. Lunch was mediocre. Although we arrived 20 minutes early for our return trip to Calgary, we did not have enough time to enjoy dinner in Banff as advertised. Feel this excursion was overpriced.
- Buses will only stop at the hotels listed if a booking has arranged a pick-up ahead of time. To guarantee hotel pick-up your hotel details must be provided to the local tour operator so they may arrange it. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. • Calgary Marriott downtown hotel - 6:15am • Delta Bow Valley Hotel - 5:50am • Fairmont Palliser hotel - 6:10am • International Hotel of Calgary - 5:50am • Sandman Calgary City Centre - 6:05am • Westin Calgary Hotel - 5:55am
- You must be at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to departure
- 14 hours
- SeasonalMay 1 to October 18 Friday and Sunday
- Returns to original departure point
- Hot buffet lunch
- Ride in the Ice Explorer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and/or drop-off at multiple locations available
- Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Glacier Skywalk
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise or Banff if accommodation has been arranged
- The return transfer back to Calgary departs at 7:30pm
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.