Duration: 8 hours
Location: Tulum, Mexico
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruins of Tulum, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula
Discover the Mayan archaeological site of Tulum, world famous for its unique location alongside the Caribbean coastline. Built on a natural outcrop facing the rising sun, the stunning turquoise blue ocean backdrop makes this beautiful site one of the most picturesque in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mayan Beach, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula
Afterwards board local motorboats to reefs where you will explore the fascinating underwater world of the Mexican Caribbean on a leisurely snorkel tour. Brightly colored tropical fish, spectacular coral, amazing rock formations, turtles, rays and unbelievable visibility makes this an unforgettable experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cenote Caracon, Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula
Then journey deep into the subtropical rainforest of the Yucatan to relax, swim and snorkel in the crystal clear fresh waters of a massive “cenote”, and marvel at the thousands of spectacular stalagmites and stalactites that surround you at every turn.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Child: Age 4 - 11
- Adult: Age 12 - 90
Our tour guide, J.P. was fun, friendly, knowledgeable, respectful, and clearly passionate about the tour and the sites we visited. Our day was filled with meaningful activities, with enough down time to make things relaxing and enjoyable, and no time wasted on souvenir shops and the like. Highly recommend this tour.
A great outing for our family of 5. A great mix of culture, adventure and flora and fauna. Our guide Pepe was awesome!! He was passionate about each part of our day. Snorkeling in the rain was fantastic saw two different turtles. The highlight was the cenotes- truly magical. Something that is so unique to this area The trip was well organized. They provide everything from water to food to equipment. We met a wonderful family from Canada which made the trip so much fun. Highly recommend.
My friend and I had a great time on this tour with our guide Mariano. We loved the variety and amount of activities- you definitely get a long of bang for your buck. Highly recommended!
My friends and I did this excursion led by Fernando with David as our driver and Karla as our photographer. Overall this was the highlight of our visit in Cancun, they provided us with snacks, a great time together, and an unforgettable experience. The transportation was smooth and on time, we arrived at the Tulum ruins and Fernando explained everything in great detail. During the snorkeling part, some of us had some fears going in the water but there were plenty of other people to help us out if we didn't feel great about the water. The lunch wasn't that great but the cenote was incredible. I would recommend this to anyone!
This tour was awesome!! The tour guide, Joaquin, was class! Very knowledgeable and personable with a great sense of humor. Would highly recommend this tour!
My first time leaving comments on viator . I had a very very good time .BETTY is sooooooo knowledgeable with great passion for archaeology. Great snorkling and cenote swimming . Can't recommend enough .ask for BETTY as your guide if you can
Would really recommend this tour for those looking for a nice blend of "non-commercialized" tourism but still being with a group. Pickup went smoothly from Playa Del Carmen (near 5th Ave). The entire crew was very professional - tour guide (Jack) was super friendly and informative, the driver did a great job navigating the dirt roads to the Cenote (Mayan Massage - inside joke) and the photographer really captured the energy and good vibes of the day. The Tulum part of the trip was probably the least exciting but it was still nice to learn about Mayan history from a local guide. By far the highlight was visiting the dry and wet "cave" cenotes. Snorkeling in the wet one was a super cool experience and overall this was a much different experience to the other cenotes we had seen in the area, including the massive one near Chichen Itza. The trip to the lagoon for snorkeling was very nice as well and a good way to end the day.On this particular tour they sold pictures from the Cave Cenotes and Lagoon Snorkeling on a USB stick along with photos from other tours the company does (e.g. Whale Sharks) for 40 USD, which I thought wasn't that unreasonable (considering the price of the USB in general).
A really fun experience in Mexico. They were super accommodating and highly recommend. We would definitely do it again!
One of the highlights of my trip to Cancun, Mexico.Tulum was nicely done, trip into the jungle to snorkel and walk through 2 separate Cenotewas just fantastic. Lunch was very good and all you could eat. The snorkel trip was plan B in a river were it entered in to the ocean. The ocean was too rough for snorkeling. The river was lots of fun and a lot better than open ocean in chop. Ride into the jungle was pretty rough with 20 minutes of bouncing and swerving. A long fun filled day that I would do again!!
An excellent time! Our hosts for the trip were very informative and fun, ALL of the sights were beautiful! We were in a group with younger children 10-ish and they also seemed to be loving it. They supply with wet suits and swim/snorkel accessories. And the FOOD was the icing on the cake of a great day.
- 1. Smart Cancun by Oasis2. Ramada Cancun City3. Hotel ibis Cancun Centro4. Four Points by Sheraton Cancun CentroTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Time Comments
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- 8 hours
- Returns to original departure point
- Bilingual guide
- Round Transportation with AC
- Tour of archaeological site of Tulum
- Reef snorkel tour
- Swim and snorkel into a underground river & cenote
- Equipment required for water activities
- Bathrooms and showers
- Lunch: Traditional Mexican meat dish, rice, Pasta, Fruit,Totopos, Mexican Sauce, tortillas (Vegetarian or Gluten Free option available under request)
- Drinks: Fresh fruit water & Softdrinks
- Entry/Admission - Ruins of Tulum
- Entry/Admission - Mayan Beach
- Entry/Admission - Cenote Caracon
- Additional fee of Conservation of the Marine Fauna ($10 USD, must be paid during tour)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a towel, change of clothes, wear a swimsuit and a hat, sunglasses and comfortable sandals
- Note: Biodegradable sunblock (should be applied at your hotel before boarding the transportation and when wáter activities ends)
- It is not permitted to touch the coral or marine life
- Money for souvenirs, pictures and tips (cash only)
- Not recommended for people who are physically challenged, those who suffer with cardiac, respiratory or back problems, ailments that lead to loss of consciousness, hydrophobics, pregnant women, children under 4 years nor people who do not have basic swimming skills (for aquatic activities)
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.