Duration: 30 minutes
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Surf two waves on an outrigger canoe! Canoe surfing was once a sport reserved solely for Hawaiian royalty--but now everyone can experience this thrilling ride! The outrigger canoe is one of the only ocean vessels that does not require life jackets for riders, as it is very safe. All abilities are welcome, ages 5+.
We guarantee to catch two waves, and the duration time vary depending on the surf condition. Little ones and non-swimmers are welcome. You must have at least 4 people to participate, and up to 6 passenger can fit in the Outrigger Canoe. Only 4 passenger will be paddling. If you don't have the minimum requirement of 4 people to participate, just sign up for 4 and we will add our Waikiki Beachboys to paddle with you. (Please note exactly how many people are signing up when you have less than 4). Our certified canoe captain will steer the canoe.
Check in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time. Bathroom is located at the Duke's Waikiki restaurant. Be sure to bring your own towel and sunscreen. Bring your own change of clothes. No shower rooms available. Bring cash or credit card for additional services such as Photo/Video services.
Don't forget to ask for the photo/video services (with additional charge) when you check in.
- Adult: Age 5 - 99
Staff was friendly but the time seemed rushed since it was the last trip of the day. One of the two guys was friendly would have made this more enjoyable if they would have tried to be more personable. Still a good time but could have been better.
This was the best experience and so cheap.. My husband due to medical reasons can't surf and really wanted to experience it. This was the next best thing. We went out as a family with the guide on the outrigger. We waited next to the surfers to catch a wave, then rode it in. Didn't have to worry about tipping due to how the outrigger was made, but was really a blast. The guides took us out for a few waves. Very cheap and so much fun!! They also take your picture and video tape it for you. Highly recommend this.
We loved it! This was the one excursion that my son asked if we could do again. Front desk was very helpful. One of the 2 gentlemen in the boat was very friendly - the other not so much. The photographer was great, but expensive.
- The check-in desk is located at the pool deck of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. The desk can be reached by using the public Beach Access found between Cheesecake Factory and Outrigger Waikiki Hotel on Kalakaua Ave. If you are coming from the beach, look for the Pink Hotel, which is the Royal Hawaiian Hotel., then you will find surfboard rack in front of the hotel. The desk is located right behind the surfboard rack.
- 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM
- 30 minutes
- Monday - Saturday
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Licensed Captain
- Outrigger Canoe
- Outrigger Canoe Paddles
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos & video (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 4 people required to book
- Non-Swimmers welcome
- Minors must receive legal guardian's approval
- Waiver must be signed
- Bring your own towel and sunscreen
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.