Duration: 1 hour
Location: Division No. 15, Canada
This is a typical itinerary for this product
The 1 hour Bow River Ride takes you along the tranquil Bow River in Banff.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Bow River Trail, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta
Both the Bow River Ride and the Spray River Ride are located in beautiful Banff National Park.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Banff National Park, Banff National Park, Alberta
The 1-hour Spray River crosses through the lively Spray River near Bow Falls.
Pass By: Spray River Trail Loop, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta
The 1-hour Spray River Ride passes Bow Falls.
Pass By: Bow Falls, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta
- Child: Age 8 - 11
- Adult: Age 12 - 99
Great for beginners of all ages. Staff very helpful and friendly.Very conscientious making sure all cents are safe. Gave me a chance to reacquaint myself with horseback riding. Last time I rode was almost 30 years ago!
The staff were great, the views spectacular. The only word of caution is that if you've had any horseback riding experience you will find this ride boring as there is no galloping or cantering allowed,slow walk for 2 hours. Ladies don't do your hair as it's mandatory you wear a helmet that's supplied by the barn, not the cleanest.
The tour is great and the lady guide is very thoughtful and responsible. What I'm going to complain is the rate that I got from VIATOR is the exactly same that we can get from their online official website. This is the first time that I get no savings via Viator!!
Excellent adventure. Very safe. Good views of the area. Our guide, Randy, was terrific and gave us insight not only on what we were seeing on the ride, but also good advice on where to go in the park.
The staff was very friendly, helpful and provided helmets for all riders. The check-in was a bit chaotic - no verification of payment or ID was required. Although the online registration requested riding level it made no difference, most riders were inexperienced and we were all treated the same. The ride was very slow and the mosquitoes were terrible.
My family and I just loved this ride. Just gorgeous and what an amazing way to spend 2 hours. So glad we did this while visiting Banff
Absol brilliant. Thoroughly enjoy. Made a perfect addition to our dream honeymoon. Very happy with the service and ride. Would recommend.
- 1. Warner Stables - Banff Trail Riders2. Banff Springs Corrals - Banff Trail Riders
- 1 hour
- Returns to original departure point
- Lead and tail guides
- Use of horse
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Basic horseback riding instruction
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Banff National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 250lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.