Duration: 5 hours
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Your guide will provide the necessary technical equipment including paddles, wetsuits, neoprene booties, paddle jackets and helmets. Being prepared with your swimsuit on under your clothes allows you to be suited up and ready for the river in record time
After a short instruction/safety briefing in the shadow of Mount Robson, your highly experienced, certified river guide will launch your raft into the river and expertly maneuver it downriver through sections of turbulent rapids and swirling eddies.
About mid-way downriver, you'll pull-in to the shore for a short land portage around the impressive Rearguard Falls. Jumping back on board your raft at the base of the falls, you'll continue through more sections of whitewater, passing steep canyon walls while surrounded by a backdrop of spectacular Canadian Rockies scenery. Be sure to keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife and seasonal spawning salmon along the way.
The total round-trip time is 5 hours which includes 2 hours of rafting (with a short portage), instruction/safety briefing and bus transfers to/from Jasper. This tour takes you down Class-3 rapids, which are considered intermediate, making this an exciting, wet and adrenaline-producing trip for all experience levels. Rafters must be 12 years of age or older and weight at least 90 lbs (41 kgs).
If you're seeking fun and adventure while visiting Jasper, you'll definitely want to book this whitewater rafting trip down the Fraser River.
- Adult: Age 12 - 99
I’ve been on many white water trips but was taking my 16 yr old daughter on her first. Couldn’t have asked for a better first raft trip for her. The guide was friendly and funny and kept our whole group involved.
This was one of the best experiences of our Canadian Rockies vacation. The company and staff were pleasant to deal with and right on time. The rafting was fun and exhilarating! I would highly recommend Whitewater Rafting on the Fraser River with this company.
My wife and 14 year old daughter have never been rafting and were a little dubious when they saw that I'd booked the top graded rafting trip 3. Once in the river they saw that anything less would have seemed pretty tame as most of the rapids are 2 with a few 3s. Had a great time, very professional and safe outift. At no time was there any chance anyone would fall out and all safety gear and briefings provided. We rotated through the boat during the trip and jumped in for a swim near the end. The portage section was absolutely fine as well. If you want to see photos of recent trips before deciding to book or not, go to their website and choose a date and time to see what the rafters experienced. Highly recommended.
This was amazing! It was my first time whitewater rafting. Caleb did a fantastic job of 'captain' and together he and Jerome made it so much fun. We even saw a black bear cub on the shore!
Awesome! It was our first time whitewater rafting. It was great fun. We would do it again in a heartbeat.
This tour was amazing!
We loved this tour!! Had a amazing time.. The tour guide was great. Wonderful ride!! We would do it again.
- Downtown Jasper (4-hour drive from Banff)
- 5 hours
- May 19 - September 30: 10am and 1pm
- Returns to original departure point
- 2 hours of Rafting (5 hour round-trip including transportation)
- Return bus transfers from Downtown Jasper
- All necessary technical equipment
- Highly experienced, fully-certified river guide
- Souvenir Photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age and weigh a minimum of 90 lbs (41 kg).
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress with a swimsuit underneath your street clothing and bring warm clothing for afterwards. It is also recommended to bring a drink and snack for after the tour.
- This trip runs in all weather conditions. Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wetsuits, spray jackets, neoprene booties, helmets and lifejackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (No cotton should be worn)
- You are required to check-in 15 minutes prior to departure time at our office located at 632 Connaught Drive, Jasper (inside Pure Outdoors Retail Store). All day parking is available in the parking lot directly across the street.
- All departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST).
- Not recommended for those with back injuries
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.